Oh man! We have been good for nothing around here. Luckily for now there is good health on the horizon. I just can't wait until it has all run its course! I was sooo sad to miss my sisters gym recital! They have worked so hard. Plus it was the last time Lauren would perform at one of Debbie Gherkin's annual gym recitals since she will be cheering for Stapley next year! I just love to watch my sisters do stuff I never could do. I am in awe they can tumble like they do and yet be related to me. Also missing Girls night, wedding showers, and a weddings or two are always a bummer have to skip out on.
Despite being out of our mind sick we have had a busy house with a busy life that won't stop because we're under the weather. There was Goldie's beautiful blessing day, Another grueling semester of sciences successfully endured by Greg, Not to mention finals week (a event within it's self), Followed by Mother's Day festivities, and somewhere in between all that some packing, packing, and more packing. We knew the busy end of the year was coming so we prepared and planned every detail, months ahead. Once it came it seemed as if a tornado hit out house. Finals kept Greg away for 10+ hrs a day back to back for more than a week of studying, while the kids and I were on our death beds. I think that's when we started to realize going to an office with more families around for moral support was something we had to do to ease Greg's working schedule for the summer. Oh man, it is so hard to say goodbye to an opportunity to live the glamorous city life of Chicago. I had a to-do list! However I have learned to find peace when plans seem to unravel and "change" just kinda happens. I've noticed we are always looked out for and fortunately things perpetually turn out better than if we had planned it ourselves.
In case your wondering...
The beloved Yellow Hammer
So good bye Chicago, with all your delicious eateries and endless shopping. We will be calling the dirty south our home instead. Hello, sweet home Alabama, Something tells me everything will be just fine. Click HERE to get a little taste of things to come. Oooo it might be an even better opportunity than we thought!
Despite being out of our mind sick we have had a busy house with a busy life that won't stop because we're under the weather. There was Goldie's beautiful blessing day, Another grueling semester of sciences successfully endured by Greg, Not to mention finals week (a event within it's self), Followed by Mother's Day festivities, and somewhere in between all that some packing, packing, and more packing. We knew the busy end of the year was coming so we prepared and planned every detail, months ahead. Once it came it seemed as if a tornado hit out house. Finals kept Greg away for 10+ hrs a day back to back for more than a week of studying, while the kids and I were on our death beds. I think that's when we started to realize going to an office with more families around for moral support was something we had to do to ease Greg's working schedule for the summer. Oh man, it is so hard to say goodbye to an opportunity to live the glamorous city life of Chicago. I had a to-do list! However I have learned to find peace when plans seem to unravel and "change" just kinda happens. I've noticed we are always looked out for and fortunately things perpetually turn out better than if we had planned it ourselves.
In case your wondering...The beloved Yellow Hammer
So good bye Chicago, with all your delicious eateries and endless shopping. We will be calling the dirty south our home instead. Hello, sweet home Alabama, Something tells me everything will be just fine. Click HERE to get a little taste of things to come. Oooo it might be an even better opportunity than we thought!
A look on the bright side
Don't mind me, I'll just busy at the beach. Oh excuse me, A white sand beach.I'll do some research and find out if those thunderbolt sand sculptures they have in the movie Sweet Home Alabama are are fact or fiction.
P.S. We miss you Greg. I'm glad the 29 hrs on the I-20 treated you well. We just can't wait until we are healthy and in your company again! XOXO



1 comment:
Okay so I'm so confused. You were SUPPOSED to go to Chicago...but now were relocated to Alabama? Oh my...huge change for sure. But what an adventure nontheless!
Man- you guys sure are busy and are working so hard to success. You will get there...and you're building your success right now through your sacrifices. Girl- we're in the same shoes. Just trying to enjoy the ride...
Let's you, Paige, and I meet over here and we'll lay out, swim, play, and eat popsicals. Deal?
Post a Comment