Friday, December 11, 2009

Morris Code



SOS. I'm looking for the number of someone who is in search for the Bermuda Triangle because I'm pretty sure I have spent the last few months lost in it. I have tried to manage the sails the best I can, but with a captain being held hostage to his studies, I think I may have gotten lost at sea. I don’t know whether it’s basement living or being a student's wife, but I’m starting to have a little sea sickness. This is the back breaking final school year Greg mentally prepared me that would probably make me a desperate housewife. What a fortune teller he is because I feel extremely waterlogged.


Disorientation, head-ache, night and day confusion, sleep deprivation, loss of appetite, identity or personal belongings, and severe boredom are just a few of the symptoms I have been feeling.


To better solve my problem I found this selection of advice that is offered by a sea sickness expert for some sort of remedy.

PREVENTION and REMEDY

  • You can often avoid seasickness by staying busy and keeping your mind occupied. Any activity that will keep you above decks and focus your mind on anything other than the swaying environment will help. Staying in fresh air instead of in a stuffy cabin may help.
  • Take deep breaths and drink plenty of water. The worst thing that you can do is go below decks with no land or horizon to look at. Reading or staring at an object will assuredly bring on the affects of seasickness. Keep your senses, particularly your eyes, working flat out interpreting the motion of the boat and the waves.
  • Find a haven on the boat where the motion is at its minimum and which allows your eyes to gaze at the horizon. On a large ship try and face forward. Your peripheral vision is an important factor keep it out on the horizon but do not visually lock on to it.
  • Let you brain adjust to this unstable environment by allowing the horizon to act as a true point of reference.
  • If you can, try and eat lightly and avoid fatty or spicy foods. Try to stay warm, relaxed and comfortable. Try to sleep at the appropriate time and allow your brain to recover. Spending valuable leisure time in bed isn't fun, but a prone position could alleviate some of your symptoms. If possible try not to lie down in your cabin, instead find a deck chair and get fresh air as some well.

As I started to read over these words of wisdom I pulled up as comic relief, I couldn't help but be content as I began to remember who truly is my North Star. Always charting my course, making the pathways bright, no matter how stormy the seas. I am soo thankful for the times in my life where He has taken a hold of the wheel, keeping my eyes focused on the fixed shore and horizon, even adjusting the sails and re-routing my path at times. Why He even gave me the best of mates to keep me company on this journey. What a perfect time to be reminded of Him just as we begin to celebrate His birth. 



How perfect is it that we can feel His love through others. I just drank in my hug from Nie Nie. I can still feel it. It was soooo yummy. I had to fill up my love tank so I could get through the rest of this grizzly year. It left me truly speechless. I wonder what she thought when I told her this was better than meeting Elvis.


Oh to my sailors on deck,

Greg, Finn, and Goldie... without your love what would I do?

For you, My loves, I will sail the ocean blue 7 times and back!



 
My certain someone has reached a point of weariness that makes the floor a suitable bed, his backpack practically pajamas, and the parking tickets in his hands... a teddy bear of sorts. Greg spent many nights this gruesome semester as a Mad Scientist under a potent Redbull spell all the night long in the library to keep his head above water. Who's afraid of the BIG BAD DAT? I am! I am!

8 comments:

Jason and Kelsey said...

oh you little sweetheart...you will make it! this too shall pass. if you love him enough to miss him this much, you'll make it through the rest of this year. the end is in sight! focus on the blessing of having a husband who is so dedicated to providing for those precious babies that he's making the sacrifice of his time with you, and them, to ensure his ability to give them all they'll want and need in the years to come. this is just a little bump in the road of your little family. hang in there! you are wonderful!

Jason and Kelsey said...

chels...if i get the guest room ready in the house, will you guys come live with me!?!? cuz if you would guest room furniture would be my first new home purchase!! :)

Paige said...

Chelsea. I think forsure we need to plan a lunch date and get away. I am so glad that you get a fun little break with Gregorio though...well, that is untill January;) Anyhoo, I have been thinking about these mocasins...they may be too complex for me to make. You tell me.
So give me a call and we'll discuss.

Paige said...

Crackin me up! Well, I hope we go on a lunch date this week. I'm sure that'll mix things up a bit for ya!

Anonymous said...

Like I have said before- I would love to eat up your rhetoric with a spoon. You kill me with your vocabulary- love it :) From one sailor to another- I can totally relate. Loved the advice. We should get together sometime and ditch cabin decks :)

Trent & Brooke said...

love this post chels. and your honesty. i think we can all feel this way at times, well at least i do and i don't even have kids yet! oh gosh.
well, it will be worth it, definitely. i just love you and your family. and i love that picture you have with nie. i taped her on oprah and watch it often, seriously crying everytime. what an inspiration she is!

Lexi Patterson said...

I'm so sorry Chels!!! But it will be over before you know it. Come escape to Puerto Rico and stay with me! Where did you meet Nie? I LOVE her. So much better than Elvis. :) I love you for saying that to her.

Katie said...

FOr a second I thought that was Zach on the floor, LOL, he is the SAME way with med school-parking tickets and all!